I’ve been lucky enough to receive this award a few times. It always gives me a little thrill. Allow me a moment:
You like me! You really, really like me!
Okay, now that I’ve finished summoning Sally Fields, I will get on with it.
The rules are:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
- List the rules.
- List seven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate ten people for the award. And notify them that you’ve given them an award.
I’ve posted so many random facts about myself that I have to really search for new things. I’m gonna do it though…
1. I will not EVER engage in political debate. I will, on occasion, point out an error in facts that someone else has given. I will also give my opinion and accept the opinion of others. But if I do so and someone tries to draw me into a debate about which party is better and who I should vote for in November, I will smile and walk away (or.. Ya know… click away from the computer).
2. I absolutely LOVE getting my work critiqued. Seriously. I never dread what people tell me needs work. I always look forward to it. You might see me frown at something, but that’s usually the Frown of Determination. “I WILL FIX THIS!!!”
3. Have you seen this on Facebook yet?
Yeah, that’s totally me… For all of time. I have a system though. I know where everything is when I put it in the baskets and so, really it’s just about fluffing the clothes to get the wrinkles out. They’re clean. That’s all that matters.
4. I have been fighting to get my 3000 words a day written. One reason is life. The other reason is because I’m reading Desolate by Ali Cross (book 2 in her Desolation Series) and I don’t want to ever stop reading when it’s time for me to get to writing. Of course, my reading schedule isn’t what it was for a while, but I’m always having an internal battle with myself over whether I should write or read that awesome book. (Seriously. Get it, read it, love it. I know you will!)
5. In the last two weeks, I have watched Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman more times than I can count. I have every song memorized and am not ashamed to admit I sing along quite loudly while dancing around the living room when the movie is on. My kids are torn on whether this is hilarious or embarrassing=)
6. I currently have 127 books on my Kindle Wish List. I want many, many more.
7. I have not yet gotten Skyrim. I think I will rectify this when I finish the first draft of The Gifted… It will be my reward… As will chocolate, but I reward myself with that on a daily basis just for having the strength to get out of bed. It’s an achievement.
Okay. Now I’m supposed to nominate ten people. I just tagged 8 in the Magic 8 Ball Meme, so the ten I’m gonna tag here are the first ten people to comment! There ya go! Enjoy=)