As I write this, it is a quarter to six in the morning. No, I did not get up early… Not exactly. What I did was fall asleep while watching Star Trek: Deep Space 9 last night. It was only a little after nine and so when my husband woke me up at one in the morning to tell me he was done on the computer and ask if I wanted to go to bed, I decided I did not want to go to bed. I wanted to get some writing in.
I had been waiting for him to get done on the computer when I fell asleep. DS9 is my background show for my writing (sometimes… It depends on how well my writing is going). He was doing important stuff though, so I didn’t bug him to let me use it.
As it is right now, I’m only 500 words from making my daily goal of 3000 words. I really can’t tell you if it’s Saturday’s or Sunday’s goal at this point though because sleepy brains don’t function too well. I’m trying to concentrate on the words, not the days of the week.
I’ve decided, if I keep this daily writing goal of 3000 words, then by next Sunday, I should be done with the first draft of The Gifted. I don’t want to celebrate too soon because this is a difficult goal to reach with two kids home all day every day, but I’ve got some great people on the #writingninja and #NiNoWriMo hashtags cheering me on. I also have a husband willing to field the kids when he gets home from work and I’ve got my headphones on (That means it’s Mommy’s Writing, Ask Daddy For Stuff Time).
Anyways, in addition to getting this WIP finished, I’ve got a week of cool posts for you. Here’s what’s happening:
- Carrie Butler tagged me in an awesome new writer meme. I’m hoping to get that up either Monday or Tuesday.
- Speaking of Tuesday AND Carrie Butler, you have got to stop by Thirsty Thursday and check out the great guest post she wrote on writerly superpowers. I promise you will love it!
- Wednesday you can find me over at The Writer’s Dojo where I talk about critiquing for other writers. As Wil Wheaton says, “Don’t be a d**k.” (There’s some new stuff ready at the Dojo too! Stop by the Community page and join in the forum. Every Thursday at 4:00 pm EST is a ninja chat [click the chat on the widget at bottom of page]. There’s more to come soon so stop by, give it a follow, and stay tuned for awesomeness!)
- Thursdays, of course, are dedicated to the Thirsty Thursday Blog Round-Up which you can find on it’s new home, Thirsty Thursday. There are a lot of great links to some amazing advice on all things writerly. You should definitely check it out (and follow).
- Friday, I graciously accept another Versatile Blogger award, this time from Kendra503 at Flame Writer. Let’s just hope I can come up with 7 more things about myself to let you guys in on…. Hmmm…
- And Saturday is all about writing prompts over at Thirsty Thursday. Stop by for a sentence and a picture to get those creative juices flowing (and write a small flash in the comments if you want).
If you want to be kept up to speed on how I’m progressing toward my deadline, I’ll be updating on Twitter most often under the hashtags mentioned above. Give me a buzz and maybe we can have a writing party… Or -DUN DUN DUUUUUN- a writing war. *cue bad 50’s B movie music*
Now, I’m going to take my obviously tired behind and finish that 500 words, sleep for a couple of hours, and then slam a ton of coffee and Red Bull when I get up. Wish me luck=)