I will soon be deep into the revisions of my Untitled book. It will be my first time going through an entire manuscript and polishing it as best I can. I have done a lot of research on the best way to go about it though, and here is my plan on revisions and edits:
1) First round of revisions – fix plot/character issues, add details in skeleton scenes.
2) Second round of revisions – fix plot character issues from adding details.
3) Third round of revisions – fix grammatical errors.
4) Betas and Critiques
5) Fourth round of revisions – fix problems brought up by critiques and beta readers.
6) Second round of Betas and Critiques
7) Fifth round of revisions – fix any other issues that may have come up
And last, but not least –
*Once I’m done with the first three rounds of edits, I’m going to be looking for people willing to beta read and critique. When that happens I’ll post about it here on my blog, so if you’re interested, keep an ear out and let me know when the time comes=)
[NOTE: If you’re here for the Thirsty Thursday Blog Round-Up, I will be posting those on Sundays for the month of April due to the A to Z Challenge. Check back on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th for the linkage you’re looking for. We will return to the normal schedule on May 3rd.]
This entry was posted in a to z challenge
. Bookmark the permalink