Thanks to Jen at A Book, A Girl, A Journey, I have received my very first blog award!!
I was very excited to find out about this! Now, as per the rules of this award, I must tell you 7 things about myself and tag 10 people with the award as well. Don’t worry, though. I will still be getting to Thirsty Thursday=)
1) I have an extra bone in my foot. All of my ligaments and tendons and such are attached to this extra bone instead of what they should be attached to. Because of this, I have been on crutches too many times to count from my ankle turning on me.
2) I am the youngest in my family. My sister is 10 years older than me and my brother is 8 years older than me… And I’m the first (probably only) to have kids.
3) I’m 30 years old. Did you know that? Well, now you do!
4) I am a flip-flop-aholic. I love flip-flops. I wear them so much during the summer they break and I have to buy new ones at the beginning of each spring.
5) I went to college for Theatre. I started out as a Musical Theatre major, but by the end of the first semester I realized that I still knew nothing about music theory. So, I switched.
6) I can fall asleep within 2 minutes of lying down. I had to train myself to do so, but with two kids it’s essential to sleep when I have the chance.
7) I hate cows. I do. Did you read the Flash Fiction piece I did? Yeah. I’m not so extreme that I need to go to the loony bin like the lady in the story, but I do believe they will take over the world. I am determined to prevent that one juicy hamburger at a time!
Okay. Now for the 10
victims bloggers to tag:
- Lyn Midnight – Against The Odds
- Elise VanCise – Gladiator’s Pen
- Karen DeLabar – Thoughts and Reverie: A Blog
- Rik Davnall – It’s the Future, Stupid
- Kit Courtney – Kit Courtney Writes
- Leah Petersen – Write Me!
- L. Blankenship – Notes from the Jovian frontier
Okay… So I could only come up with seven names, so for 8,9, and 10 I will pick… YOU!!! That’s right! Grab the award and hop to! I wanna know those seven things about you!!
Now for the Thirsty Thursday blog roll. Here are some of the posts I’ve found informative or funny recently.
5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Word Count – from Sticking to the story
7 Grammar Blunders to Avoid – from Writer’s Digest
How to Deal With Negativity – from Nathan Bransford
How To Establish A Ritual Of Writing – from Procrastinating Writers
Time to Punk Rock With Plot: Alternative Plot Types – a guest post from Kidlit.com
Process, Part I AND Process, Part II – from Lilith Saintcrow
4 Easy Ways to Boost Your Word Count – from MuseInks
The last one I’m going to leave you with, you might have seen already. If not, be prepared to be as sickened as you possibly could be:
The Cruelest Hoax – from Writer Beware Blogs!
Do you have any links that might be useful? Share them! What do you think of the terrible thing done to Aaronni Miller?